How do I send an email to multiple contact groups?
Oftentimes, you may want to send the same campaign to multiple contact groups. In DirectLync, you can easily select more than one group within the setup process. Below are the steps to adding more than one group to your email recipient list.
- Head to the Email Marketing module
- Select the + next to Email Campaigns on the top navigation of your module
- Choose an Email Type for your campaign: Email, A/B, or Time-based Automation
- In the Setup step of your campaign, find the Select Recipient Group section
- Select the contact group(s) you’d like to receive this email campaign
- The groups that are selected will appear in the action box to the right
Can I see details about each group before I select it?
Before you select groups to receive the email campaign, hover your mouse over the right side of the group name. The word “details” will show, which, when selected, will provide you with all the group information that you need. For instance, you will see total contacts, valid emails, bounced emails, opt-outs, last email campaign sent.
What is the total number of groups allowed in an email campaign?
There is not a limit to the number of groups. Users may select as many groups as they have available.
How do I remove a group from the selected groups?
Once a group has been selected for the email campaign, there are two ways you can remove it.
- In the Selected Groups (right side), click the next to the group you want to remove.
- In the Select Recipient Group (left side), unselect the checkbox. Make sure the blue checkmark goes away.
If a contact is in multiple groups, will they receive the email multiple times?
Contacts in multiple groups will only receive the email once.
If I send to multiple groups, but also exclude a contact group, will any contacts in my excluded group receive the email?
No, none of the contacts in an excluded group will receive the email.