The moment we’ve all been patiently waiting for is here! Instagram is finally allowing auto-publishing from third-party apps, and we could not be more excited to integrate the feature into DirectLync for you.
On this page, you’ll learn everything you need to know about scheduling content to your Instagram using DirectLync.
How do I connect my Instagram account to DirectLync?
- From your DirectLync account, navigate to your Social Media dashboard
- Click Add Account > select Instagram
*Note - Your Instagram account must be a business profile. Existing DirectLync customers will need to remove, then re-add their Facebook account when adding Instagram.
- You will be prompted to log in to your Facebook account which will allow you to connect the Facebook page associated with your business’s Instagram account
- Once you’ve successfully linked the associated Facebook page, select the Instagram account you wish to add, then click Select Account.
How do I schedule posts to my Instagram from DirectLync?
You can schedule content to your social media channels, including Instagram, from any page within DirectLync! Keep reading to learn how to schedule content to Instagram:
- Click the small pencil icon at the top of your page > select your Instagram account from the drop-down menu
- Type your caption
*Note: If tagging another account in your caption, the handle must be an exact match
- Upload your photo by clicking the small camera > click Upload Image > select your image > click Choose For Upload. (More on upload requirements in the next section.)
- From here you can schedule your post, save it as a draft, or immediately post it:
- To schedule, click the small calendar icon > select the day and time > click apply > click schedule.
- To post immediately, click post
- To save as draft, click Save Draft
What can I upload to schedule through DirectLync?
Here are the requirements for using third-party apps such as DirectLync to schedule your content:
- Must be one image and the file type must be JPEG
- Maximum file size: 8MB
- Aspect ratio:
- Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 range
- Minimum width: 320 (will be scaled up to the minimum if necessary)
- Maximum width: 1440 (will be scaled down to the maximum if necessary)
- Height: Varies (depending on width and aspect ratio)
- Click here for more info regarding the correct aspect ratios for Instagram
What is NOT supported through auto-scheduling?
The following elements & content types are not currently supported as options to auto-publish to Instagram:
- Video Files
- Shopping tags
- Branded content tags
- Image Carousels
- Image tags
Why can’t I connect my Instagram account to DirectLync?
Here are a few reasons you may be having trouble connecting your Instagram account to DirectLync:
- Your Instagram account is not set up as a business account
- You are not an admin of the associated Facebook page
- You’re using an incorrect password
Can I tag people in my scheduled posts?
You can tag other Instagram accounts in the caption as long as the handle is an exact match; however, you cannot tag accounts on the photo itself.
How can I make my Instagram a business account?
- From the Instagram app on your phone, navigate to your profile page
- Click the 3 stacked lines at the top right > click settings > click account
- Scroll to the bottom and click Switch Account Type > select Switch to Business Profile
Who can schedule Instagram posts from my DirectLync Account?
Only a user that has linked accounts within their own DirectLync account can use DirectLync to schedule Instagram posts.
How do I disconnect my Instagram account?
To disconnect a social account from DirectLync, click here.